- Apartments are reserved on a first come first serve basis. In order for an apartment to be reserved for you, a signed lease
and deposit is required. A rental application must be filled out. In the case of backing out of the lease, this is non-refundable
security deposit, so we ask that you be 100% certain before committing to an apartment.
- The security deposit is equivalent to one month’s rent. The security deposit is not used toward rent. It is refundable within 30 days after the end of the lease, minus any damages or unpaid rent.
- The security deposit, rent, and any other payments may be made through Venmo, Paypal, or a written check.
- Rent is due by the 1st of each month. A $50 late fee is assessed if rent is not received by the 1st of the month.
- A cosigner is required for all full time students or anyone under the age of 25. The purpose of a cosigner is to guarantee
your payment and adherence to the contract you sign with Scarlet Union Properties. Your cosigner will need to sign your
- Cosigners and tenants must provide their phone number, email address, and photo ID for security purposes. Students who are not able to provide a cosigner may still apply to Scarlet Union. Any applicant without a cosigner will be
accepted at our discretion.
- Subleasing is allowed through Scarlet Union. If you wish to sublease, your replacement tenant must fill out an application and provide a cosigner. Keep in mind that even though the subleaser is expected to submit the rent, YOU are still ultimately responsible for the lease in the event the subleaser does not fulfill this obligation. They will be completing your lease leaving you ultimately responsible for any damages or payments.
- Washer/Dryer facilities are available and located within the building. The machines are coin operated, and cost $1-1.25 per
- We are pet friendly. Cats MUST be spayed/neutered and litter box trained. Caged pets, such as hamsters or fish, and small
dogs are allowed at our properties. Limit to one small dog per apartment. If there is a dog present in the apartment, that may be the only uncaged pet.
- Pets must be declared and a pet addendum is to be signed. A one-time, non-refundable pet deposit in the amount of $50 is required in addition to a fee of $40/month made payable with rent.
- Utilities – electricity, heat, water, and sewage for your apartment are covered in your rent payment. Additionally, wi-fi is
provided at no charge to you.
- There is a WOW lease modem fee of $7/mo (or $3.50/person/month) that is added to your
- Each quarter, the electricity bill for the common areas, such as the hallways and exterior lights, will be divided equally between each apartment and billed back to the tenants. This is typically in the range of $20 per month, but keep in mind this varies with actual common area electricity use.
- Off street parking is available behind the building. It is reserved for residents ONLY. Each apartment leased is guaranteed
one designated parking space. There are four additional spaces which are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
- Scarlet Union Properties is a non-smoking building. Smoking will ABSOLUTELY NOT be tolerated inside the building.
Entry to the buildings and individual apartments are secured with electronic key fob access. If a key is lost, there is a $100 fee for replacing the key and programming the locks. If the key is misplaced, there is a $50 lockout trip fee for the emergency call.
- Scarlet Union offers 24/hr emergency maintenance, and the luxury of direct contact with the property manager. We ask that
all non-emergency maintenance requests be made through our website, or via phone during normal business hours.
- Tenants are responsible for maintaining smoke alarm batteries inside the apartments, and keep all drains free of debris and
hair. Should a drain become clogged, please attempt to snake the drain and use Drano before contacting maintenance.
- Scarlet Union is happy to assist in keeping the building well kept, clean, and free of trash. Please help us by keeping trash
off the ground, and placing it in either the dumpsters out back or the trash cans located just inside the buildings.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Scarlet Union – (614)649-9714
WOW! – (866) 496-9669
OSU Information – (614) 292-6446
OSU Police – (614) 292-2121
Columbus Police – (614) 645-4545
Columbus Fire Department – (614) 221-2345
Columbia Gas of Ohio – (800) 344-4077